Piriformis Syndrome Management Video With CE Exam
- Informational video
- Continuing education exam
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Articulate at least three factors that may contribute to the development of piriformis syndrome
- Demonstrate at least two key positional release therapy (PRT) techniques for treatment of piriformis syndrome
- Provide a rationale for the implementation of PRT in a treatment regimen for piriformis syndrome
In the Positional Release Therapy Video Series, Dr. Timothy E. Speicher demonstrates how to use positional release therapy to gently treat patients of all ages who have acute and chronic somatic dysfunction, including tightness and pain.
Focusing on piriformis syndrome, this video imparts the following to students:
- A brief overview of the physiological aspects of the condition
- Explanations on how the injury develops
- Tips for using assessment to identify the injury or dysfunction
- Treatment methods for piriformis syndrome using positional release therapy
- Ancillary treatment techniques and exercises that can be performed to augment the treatment
All these treatment methods are also available in Clinical Guide to Positional Release Therapy.
A continuing education course for health care providers—including athletic trainers, physical therapists, licensed massage therapists, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists—who utilize manual therapy to alleviate musculoskeletal dysfunction.
I thought this video was very good. Dr. Speicher did an excellent job of explaining everything about Piriformis Syndrome and how to treat it.