Pilates and Conditioning for Athletes With CE Exam
- Pilates and Conditioning for Athletes text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
After reading this book and successfully completing the 50-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe how Pilates methods can improve the performance of competitive athletes.
- Explain how Pilates and conditioning exercises prepare the body for increased workload and decreased risk of injury.
- Recognize several routines that warm up the body.
- Understand the use of goal-setting and visualization techniques to map out short- and long-term plans for continued athletic performance.
- Describe several Pilates exercises that can be incorporated into an existing routine or included in a daily training program to build the strength and endurance necessary for all sports.
- Understand how performance tools such as resistance bands, foam rollers, dumbbells, barbells, and medicine balls can complement Pilates exercises for athletic conditioning.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Functional Philosophy
Chapter 2. Goal Setting, Primary Assessment, and Visualization
Chapter 3. Daily Movements That Enhance Performance
Chapter 4. Movement Prep: Dynamic Warm-Up
Part II. Conditioning Exercises
Chapter 5. Pilates Exercises
Chapter 6. Training With Medicine Balls and Resistance Bands
Chapter 7. Fundamental Strength Exercises
Part III. The Workouts
Chapter 8. Foundational Workouts
Chapter 9. Intermediate, Advanced, and Sport-Specific Workouts