NSCA's Guide to Tests/ Assessments Online CE Course Without eBook
Course components are delivered as online products:
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
• NOTE: The text NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments is required for successful completion of this course but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or e-book.
• Perform a needs analysis and then structure testing and assessments based on the population being evaluated.
• Measure body composition using both direct and indirect methods.
• Use heart rate measurements to monitor training progress and dictate programming.
• Identify the metabolic demands of a sport and measure metabolic rate through direct or indirect calorimetry.
• Determine physical activity energy expenditure its contributing factors.
• Use monitoring devices to measure training intensity.
• Identify the proper submaximal or maximal testing protocols for assessing aerobic power.
• Administer aerobic power tests and use the data to modify training programs when necessary.
• Determine lactate threshold to evaluate aerobic endurance and individualize training intensity.
• Understand how muscular strength is expressed.
• Measure values of maximal muscular strength directly and predict maximal muscular strength values from multiple repetitions with submaximal loads.
• Safely administer muscular endurance tests to volitional failure.
• Understand the relationship between force, velocity, and power.
• Identify and administer proper tests to measure and assess speed, agility, power, mobility, balance, and stability.
NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments Online CE Course offers strength and conditioning professionals consolidated information for the best research-supported fitness and performance measures available. Created by top experts in the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), this continuing education course offers insight into which athlete, training, and performance factors matter and how to evaluate them as accurately and easily as possible.
NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments Online CE Course presents research from respected scientists and practitioners in exercise testing and assessment. Professionals will find an introduction to testing, analyzing data, and formulating conclusions. This is followed by a presentation of tests and assessments for body composition, heart rate and blood pressure, metabolic rate, aerobic power, lactate threshold, muscular strength, muscular endurance, power, speed and agility, mobility, balance, and stability. Using descriptions of multiple test options for each key fitness component, professionals will learn to choose from a range of alternatives to meet the needs of their athletes, reach training objectives, choose from available equipment, and work within budgets.
The text that this course is built around was compiled by editor Todd Miller and an authoritative team of contributors, and it serves as a valuable tool for practicing professionals and an indispensable educational reesource for students. Each chapter provides multiple test options for the conditioning component featured in the chapter, a list of the equipment needed for performing the tests, step-by-step instructions, and normative data for the tests. Insights into the applications of testing for individual fitness components are also presented.
NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments Online CE Course features NSCA-approved testing protocols, extensive references to current research, and applications for the testing of conditioning components. Information is presented in an accessible manner to help explain the findings of both researchers and practitioners so that individuals can select the most effective and efficient approach for athlete and client assessments.
The companion study guide includes a course syllabus, course instructions, learning objectives, and a referenced answer key to help individuals focus on course content. It emphasizes key concepts of the corresponding text to prepare individuals for the exam (composed of 100 multiple-choice questions) at the completion of the course. Upon passing the exam, individuals may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credit.
Properly conducted tests and skillful assessment of data enable professionals to develop individualized training programs based on their clients’ or athletes’ physiological and functional capacities. Credible, current, and complete, NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments Online CE Course provides a clear understanding of the test selection process, how to implement appropriate data collection, and how to analyze data to make appropriate training decisions that will help athletes and clients achieve their performance goals.
A course for any fitness professional, including strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, and athletic trainers, and coaches interested in the topic.
Table of Contents
Learning With the NSCA's Guide to Tests and Assessments Book
Chapter 1: Tests, Data Analysis, and Conclusions
Chapter 2: Body Composition
Chapter 3: Heart Rate and Blood Pressure
Chapter 4: Metabolic Rate
Chapter 5: Aerobic Power
Chapter 6: Lactate Threshold
Chapter 7: Muscular Strength
Chapter 8: Muscular Endurance
Chapter 9: Power
Chapter 10: Speed and Agility
Chapter 11: Mobility
Chapter 12: Balance and Stability
Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
add some video