Muscular Fitness Assessment and Prescription Online CE Course-8th Edition
Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Eight Edition, ebook (chapters 6 and 7)
- Continuing education exam
After reading chapters 6 and 7 of Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Eighth Edition, and completing the exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe how strength, muscular endurance, and power are assessed.
- List the test protocols that can be used to assess a client’s muscular fitness.
- Explain the sources of measurement error when conducting muscular fitness tests.
- Identify the tests used to measure functional strength of older adults.
- Modify resistance training programs to optimize the development of strength, muscular endurance, muscle power, or muscle size.
- List the factors to consider when designing individualized exercise prescriptions.
- Describe the methods used in designing advanced resistance training programs.
- Explain the periodization models for creating resistance training programs.
AudienceA continuing education course for health and fitness professionals, exercise physiologists, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Table of ContentsLearning With the Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription Book
Chapter 7. Designing Resistance Training Programs
Exam and Evaluation