Methods of Group Exercise Instruction Online CE Course-4th Edition
- Methods of Group Exercise Instruction, Fourth Edition, text
- Video clips
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
Online video included with the course contains over 100 minutes of video clips that demonstrate teaching demonstrations, cueing techniques, warm-ups and cool-downs, progressions and modifications, and basic moves for a variety of exercise modalities. The study guide contains a course syllabus, chapter objectives, and learning activities to prepare students for the continuing education exam at the conclusion of the course.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Discuss current trends in group exercise formats.
- Compare and contrast student-centered and teacher-centered group exercise instruction.
- Describe the principles of muscle balance.
- Identify a six-step exercise progression continuum model.
- Explain coaching-based concepts as they apply to a group exercise class.
- Generate and apply motivational strategies while working with class participants.
- Build basic cardio combinations.
- Apply the elements of variation.
- Design a warm-up segment.
- Address safety issues as well as proper alignment and technique for cardiorespiratory classes.
- Explain recommendations and guidelines for muscular conditioning.
- Demonstrate stretch progressions, regressions, modifications, and alternatives.
- Describe functional training principles.
- Apply guidelines and special considerations for teaching group exercise to older adults.
- Analyze alignment, technique, and safety concerns for various group exercise modalities.
- Apply ethical practice guidelines for group fitness instructors.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness, physical activity, and group exercise instructors.
Chapter 1. Best Practices
Chapter 2. Foundational Components
Chapter 3. Coaching-Based Concepts
Chapter 4. Beat-Based Techniques
Part II. Primary Elements of Group Exercise
Chapter 5. Warm-Up, Cool-Down, and Cardiorespiratory Training
Chapter 6. Muscular Conditioning
Chapter 7. Flexibility Training
Chapter 8. Neuromotor and Functional Training
Chapter 9. Teaching Older Adults
Part III. Group Exercise Modalities
Chapter 10. Kickboxing
Chapter 11. Step Training
Chapter 12. Stationary Indoor Cycling
Chapter 13. Boot Camp and HIIT
Chapter 14. Water Exercise
Chapter 15. Yoga
Chapter 16. Pilates
Chapter 17. Other Modalities
Appendix A. Group Exercise Class Evaluation Form
Appendix B. 2019 PAR-Q+
Appendix C. Sample Workout Plans
Appendix D. Joint Action Charts for All Major Muscles
Appendix E. Range of Motion Tables