Knee Stabilization Online CE Course
Course components can be delivered as printed products or online:
• Continuing education exam
Knee Stabilization CE Course helps you review the anatomy and biomechanics of the knee, identify common injuries and conditions, and design appropriate exercises to promote knee function and stability in your clients. Erin Hughes, MSPT, includes the most recent research on the prevalence of ACL injuries in females and the PEP program for ACL injury prevention.
• Identify the muscles, ligaments, menisci, and other supporting structures around the knee joint.
• Understand the kinematics of the knee joint and describe the locking mechanism of the knee.
• Identify the common injuries and conditions associated with the knee joint.
• Implement client health screening and assessment of the knee joint, and develop an appropriate exercise program based on the client’s current condition.
• Recognize the current theories regarding the greater prevalence of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in females.
• Describe the PEP program for anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury prevention.
• Teach appropriate exercises for the knee, including proper positioning, execution, client reminders, and modifications.
A continuing education course for physical therapists, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Knee Anatomy and Biomechanics
Knee Supporting Structures
Chapter 2. Dysfunction, Injury, and Rehabilitation
Chapter 3. Health Screening and Assessment
Health Screening for Physical Activity
Scope of Practice
Chapter 4. Exercises
Chapter 5. Case Studies
History of ACL Reconstruction Surgery
Previous Knee Injury
"My assessment will be much more advanced after this course! I will have better knowledge on what is going on."
C. Aquino—Las Vegas, NV
"This is a phenomenal course, and Erin Hughes is to be commended for putting it together. It is most definitely not for the faint of heart because it requires quite a bit of work."
W. Hennessey—Miami, FL
"This is a great toolbox for knee stabilization exercises and an excellent refresher on knee anatomy and injuries, plus much more in-depth knowledge on prevention, treatment, causes, and some types that I hadn't really read about."
A. Tillbrook—Millburn, NJ
“Knee Stabilization is the most comprehensive course on knee stability for fitness professionals that I have read. It is a must for those in exercise therapy.”
C. Tatem—Boulder, CO, exercise rehab therapist specializing in clients with chronic conditions
“This is an excellent refresher or midlevel course important for anyone working with joint-injured clients.”
L. Glass-Godwin—Tallassee, AL, biologist and aqua instructor
“Knee Stabilization is a very well-organized overview of the knee anatomy, biomechanics, and injuries, and it has a great exercise section for direct application.”
C. Rusdal—Helena, MT, physical therapist