High-Performance Nutrition for Masters Athletes Online CE Exam
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text High-Performance Nutrition for Masters Athletes is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading the book and successfully completing the 50-question multiple-choice and true-false exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the changing nutritional needs of Masters athletes as they age.
- Define sarcopenia.
- Understand the role of hormones in appetite and overall nutrition.
- Describe how nutrition can help aging adults to reduce the risks of developing diabetes, hypertension, and cancer.
- Interpret research findings that are relevant for Masters athletes’ nutritional choices.
- Summarize the appropriate carbohydrate, protein, fat, and fluid intake levels for Masters athletes before, during, and after exercise or competition.
- Discuss the possible benefits and appropriateness of supplement use for certain populations.
- Recognize the signs of disordered eating and eating disorders as well as the side effects of underfueling.
- Describe appropriate precompetition, competition-day, and recovery fueling requirements and timing for Masters athletes.