Health Fitness Management 2nd Edition eBook
EbookHealth Fitness Management, Second Edition, provides an in-depth picture of the varied and rewarding role of the health and fitness club manager. With contributions from leading experts in the fitness industry, several new chapters, a more practical emphasis, enhanced features, and the addition of instructor resources, this second edition is the most authoritative and field-tested guide to management success.
Whether soothing disgruntled members, ensuring club safety and profitability, or motivating staff to perform at their best, health and fitness club managers require the right mix of skills and flexibility to support the success and continued growth of their clubs. Both aspiring and practicing club managers can rely on Health Fitness Management to help them acquire and improve their management skills across all areas:
- Human resources: Understand the importance of organizational development and the payoffs of thoughtful staff recruitment, training, development, retention, and compensation.
- Sales and marketing: Discover new ways to attract and retain members and increase profitability with the right mix of products and services.
- Financial management: Learn how to read financial statements and understand and control the risks associated with running a fitness club.
- Facility maintenance: Implement systems to ensure the upkeep and safety of the facility and its equipment.
- Program evaluation: Determine the “fitness level” of the club and its programs, capitalize on strengths, and find solutions to improve weak areas.
- Industry perspective: Understand the history of health and fitness management, its present status, and future trends.
Written by industry experts with more than 300 combined years of experience, Health Fitness Management, Second Edition, is the fundamental resource for the management and operation of health and fitness facilities and programs. Enhanced with practical scenarios and applied knowledge, it provides a solid foundation for students preparing for a management career in the health and fitness industry and serves as an essential reference for professionals already enjoying the challenges and opportunities of club management.
For information on system requirements or accessing an E-book after purchase, click here.
Table of ContentsIntroduction. An Overview of the Health and Fitness Industry
Part I. Human Resources
Chapter 1. Recognizing the Importance of Leaders and Managers
Chapter 2. Understanding Organizational Design
Chapter 3. Recruiting the Best Staff for Your Facility
Chapter 4. Training and Developing Staff
Chapter 5. Managing Staff Performance
Chapter 6. Developing a Compensation Program
Part II. Member Recruitment, Retention, and Profitability
Chapter 7. Marketing Your Facility
Chapter 8. Increasing Sales
Chapter 9. Focusing on Customer Service
Chapter 10. Retaining Members Through Program Management
Chapter 11. Generating Revenue Through Profit Centers
Part III. Operations and Facility Management
Chapter 12. Understanding Financial Management
Chapter 13. Addressing Health and Safety Issues
Mike Greenwood and Anthony Abbott
Chapter 14. Maintaining Your Facility
Anthony Abbott and Mike Greenwood
Chapter 15. Choosing the Right Equipment
Chapter 16. Understanding Legal and Insurance Issues
Chapter 17. Evaluating Your Operation
Conclusion. Looking Toward the Future