Field Hockey eBook-2nd Edition
EbookEnter the game with confidence, knowing you’ve mastered the essentials. Field Hockey: Steps to Success combines a comprehensive, progressive approach with in-depth instruction, illustrations, and 86 drills.
Master coach and field hockey legend Elizabeth Anders details the step-by-step program that will teach you how to develop these skills:
- Score more goals by developing better shooting techniques.
- Improve ball control and dribbling.
- Establish solid passing and receiving skills.
- Develop better footwork and balance for improved stick handling.
- Employ attacking and defensive tactics.
- Become a better goalkeeper through correct positioning and increased awareness in the net.
Whether you are new to the sport or seeking new techniques to add to your arsenal, Field Hockey: Steps to Success—part of the popular Steps to Success Series that has sold more than 1.5 million copies—will help you improve every aspect of your game.
Step 1: Balance and Footwork
Step 2: Passing and Receiving
Step 3: Controlling the Ball and Dribbling
Step 4: Tackling
Step 6: Goalkeeping
Step 7: Leading the Attack and Defense
Step 8: Supporting the Lead Attacker
Step 9: Supporting the Lead Defender
Step 10: Organizing the Team’s System of Play
Step 11: Functional Training