Field Hockey-2nd Edition
BookEnter the game with confidence, knowing you’ve mastered the essentials. Field Hockey: Steps to Success combines a comprehensive, progressive approach with in-depth instruction, illustrations, and 86 drills.
Master coach and field hockey legend Elizabeth Anders details the step-by-step program that will teach you how to develop these skills:
- Score more goals by developing better shooting techniques.
- Improve ball control and dribbling.
- Establish solid passing and receiving skills.
- Develop better footwork and balance for improved stick handling.
- Employ attacking and defensive tactics.
- Become a better goalkeeper through correct positioning and increased awareness in the net.
Whether you are new to the sport or seeking new techniques to add to your arsenal, Field Hockey: Steps to Success—part of the popular Steps to Success Series that has sold more than 1.5 million copies—will help you improve every aspect of your game.
Table of ContentsStep 1: Balance and Footwork
Step 2: Passing and Receiving
Step 3: Controlling the Ball and Dribbling
Step 4: Tackling
Step 5: Shooting
Step 6: Goalkeeping
Step 7: Leading the Attack and Defense
Step 8: Supporting the Lead Attacker
Step 9: Supporting the Lead Defender
Step 10: Organizing the Team’s System of Play
Step 11: Functional Training
"Field Hockey: Steps to Success is the perfect guide for all players and coaches who want to improve in all aspects of the game and advance to the next level to become champions."
USA Field Hockey