Essentials of Fitness & Health Print CE Course-2nd Edition
Print CourseCourse components are delivered as printed products:
ACSM’s Complete Guide to Fitness & Health, Second Edition book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- List the health-related benefits gained through regular participation in physical activity and exercise.
- Know the importance of following the recommended dietary guidelines for the overall improvement of health.
- Understand the purpose of evaluating the health status of potential participants in fitness programs.
- Recommend an appropriate fitness program for a potential participant based on the preparticipation health screening and fitness test results.
- Develop exercise programs that include activities that promote aerobic fitness, muscular fitness, flexibility, and neuromotor fitness.
- Calculate and interpret body mass index (BMI) for an individual, and determine the individual’s daily energy requirements.
- Select an effective exercise program for weight management based on the role that energy balance and exercise plays in weight loss and weight management.
- Create individual exercise programs and recognize exercise precautions for people in certain age groups, as well as for those with chronic diseases and specific health conditions.
A continuing education course for health and fitness professionals looking to refresh or refine their skills in working with individual clients.
Table of ContentsPart I. Fit, Active, and Healthy
Chapter 1. Making Healthy Lifestyle Choices: Physical Activity and Nutrition
Chapter 2. Embracing Physical Activity: A Complete Exercise Program
Chapter 3. Balancing Nutrition: Recommended Dietary Guidelines
Chapter 4. Promoting Healthy Habits: Getting Started and Staying Motivated
Part II. Exercise and Activity for Building a Better You
Chapter 5. Improving Your Aerobic Fitness
Chapter 6. Enhancing Your Muscular Fitness
Chapter 7. Increasing Your Flexibility
Chapter 8. Sharpening Your Functional Fitness
Part III. Fitness and Health for Every Age
Chapter 9. Children and Adolescents: Birth to Age 17
Chapter 10. Adults: Ages 18 to 64
Chapter 11. Older Adults: Ages 65 and Older
Part IV. Fitness and Health for Every Body
Chapter 12. Cardiovascular Health
Chapter 13. Diabetes
Chapter 14. Cancer
Chapter 15. Alzheimer’s Disease
Chapter 16. Osteoporosis and Bone Health
Chapter 17. Arthritis and Joint Health
Chapter 18. Weight Management
Chapter 19. Pregnancy and Postpartum
Chapter 20. Depression
Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet