Endurance Sports Nutrition Print CE Course 3rd Edition
Course components are delivered as printed products or online:
• Endurance Sports Nutrition, Third Edition
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Endurance Sports Nutrition CE Course presents the science of nutrition plus real-life experiences to help endurance athletes use nutrition to perform better and to enjoy the adventure or race. Using content from the book Endurance Sports Nutrition, Third Edition, this course delivers practical information on endurance-specific nutrition that can be applied immediately, including establishing high-performance eating habits that support personal training and competition goals. It explores methods for meeting high energy demands, finding and maintaining a healthy weight, timing food and fluid intake for optimal results, using supplements effectively, solving performance challenges, creating vegetarian-friendly endurance diets, and planning balanced meals. Also included is advice from elite endurance athletes and strategies for avoiding the most common pitfalls of training.
You will learn how to apply the nutrition strategies and concepts from the book and study guide to real athletes. The course will enable you to develop the ability to identify, evaluate, and present possible solutions based on case studies describing scenarios of athletes who face certain challenges.
• Evaluate current food choices and eating habits in order to make changes and build the best high-performance training diet.
• Understand the physiology of the body’s energy-generating systems, the energy demands from endurance activity, and how they affect and determine fuel choices.
• Create a plan for consuming food and fluids before, during, and after training or competitive events that results in proper hydration and a well-fueled body ready for extended performance.
• Evaluate supplement manufacturers’ claims and promises and determine whether a supplement is safe, legal, and effective for endurance athletes.
• Create meal plans for high-performance endurance athletes by translating the science of nutrition into smart daily food choices.
• Understand nutrition strategies timed for before, during, and after events under extreme environmental conditions including heat, cold, and altitude.
An accompanying study guide outlines the course’s learning objectives, emphasizing the key points to learn and prepare for the course exam. The study guide includes a table of contents, course syllabus, key terminology, chapter activities, case studies, and referenced answer key to the study guide.
This self-guided course allows you to work at your own pace and explore the material through a comprehensive text and study guide, finishing with a 75-question exam composed of multiple-choice and true-or-false questions covering the book content.
A continuing education course for registered dietitians; sports nutritionists; certified professionals in group fitness and exercise, athletic training, fitness, personal training, and strength and conditioning; and health, wellness, and fitness coaches and consultants.
Table of Contents
Course Table of Contents
Part I: Course Syllabus
Part II: Learn and Practice with the Endurance Sports Nutrition Book
Nutrition Strategies for Endurance Athletes
Chapter 1 Eating Smart, Training Smart, Racing Smart
Chapter 2 Meeting Energy Demands
Chapter 3 Weighty Matters: Losing, Gaining, and Maintaining
Chapter 4 Timing Fuel and Fluids for Optimal Results
Chapter 5 Using Supplements Effectively
Chapter 6 Solving Peak Performance Challenges
Chapter 7 Endurance Eating for Vegetarians
Chapter 8 Meal Planning for Endurance Athletes
Nutrition Plans for Specific Events and Conditions
Chapter 9 Shorter-Range Endurance Events
Chapter 10 Long-Distance Endurance Events
Chapter 11 Ultraendurance Events
Chapter 12 Multiday and Multileg Endurance Events
Chapter 13 Rowing and Open Water Swimming
Chapter 14 Extreme Heat
Chapter 15 Extreme Cold
Chapter 16 High Altitude
Part III: Case Studies
Part IV: Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet