Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
Developing Endurance e-book
- Study guide (PDF)
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the physiology of endurance activity and the factors that contribute to endurance.
- Define the principles of endurance training and effective endurance training program design through periodization.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools to evaluate endurance and measure the effectiveness of endurance training programs.
- Define the principles of proper nutrition and hydration for endurance sports and activities.
- Design safe and effective endurance training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of endurance sports and activities.
- Identify a variety of endurance and resistance training drills, exercises, and training plans to maximize health and fitness as well as competitive performance.
The study guide includes a course syllabus, learning objectives, learning activities, and a referenced answer key. The study guide highlights the key concepts of the book in order to prepare individuals to pass the 75-question exam (composed of multiple-choice and true-or-false questions) at the end of the course.
The Developing Endurance Online CE Course is an invaluable resource for strength and conditioning professionals seeking to help clients perform to their potential.
Skills Active / REPs pre requisites can be found here:
A course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified professionals.
Table of Contents
Learn and Practice With the Developing Endurance Book
Chapter 1: Physiology of Endurance Sport Training
Chapter 2: Endurance Tests and Assessments
Chapter 3: Endurance Training Principles and Considerations
Chapter 4: Endurance Sport Nutrition and Hydration
Chapter 5: Aerobic Endurance Development
Chapter 6: Anaerobic and Muscle Endurance Development
Chapter 7: Resistance Training for Endurance Sports
Chapter 8: Running
Chapter 9: Cycling
Chapter 10: Swimming
Chapter 11: Triathlon
Study Guide Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
Quotes for Developing Endurance by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
"Developing Endurance will be a critical asset to any coach or athlete who aspires to apply the science of training to conditioning."
George Dallam, PhD-- Author of Championship Triathlon Training