Developing Agility and Quickness Online CE Course
Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
Developing Agility and Quickness e-book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
At the completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand guidelines for developing agility and quickness and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Understand the key factors that determine both agility and quickness and how these factors influence an athlete’s ability to achieve high-level performance.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools in evaluating agility and quickness in athletes.
- Design safe and effective training programs for agility and quickness to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Identify a variety of drills and training techniques for developing agility and quickness to improve athletic performance.
- Understand how to incorporate cognitive decision-making tasks into training programs after you master movement skills and techniques.
The Developing Agility and Quickness Online CE course provides evidence-based assessment tools, exercises, drills, and training regimens to achieve that goal. Based on the book Developing Agility and Quickness from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), this course includes 10 agility and quickness tests to gauge present abilities and progress over time. With more than 100 drills, the course is a smorgasbord of proven activities to enhance athletes’ ability to rapidly accelerate or decelerate in three dimensions. Professionals are armed with information to tailor training to specific needs. The course has clear explanations of the factors that influence
- change-of-direction speed and the essential components of rapid force development,
- high power output, and
- explosive movement.
The Developing Agility and Quickness Online CE Course is an invaluable resource for strength and conditioning professionals seeking to help clients maximize their athletic performance in today’s fast-action sports.
A course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified professionals.
Table of ContentsPart 1: Course Syllabus
Part 2: Learn and Practice with the Developing Agility and Quickness Book
Chapter 1: Factors Determining Agility
Chapter 2: Factors Determining Quickness
Chapter 3: Testing Agility and Quickness
Chapter 4: Agility Drills
Chapter 5: Quickness Drills
Chapter 6: Agility and Quickness Program Design
Chapter 7: Sport-Specific Agility and Quickness Training
Study Guide Answer Key
Part 3: Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet
Quotes for Developing Agility and Quickness by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
“Developing Agility and Quickness bridges the gap between science and practical training for agility and quickness. It’s an invaluable resource for improved sport performance.”
Lee Brown, EdD, CSCS,*D, FNSCA, FACSM-- Director of the Center for Sport Performance at California State University, Fullerton, Author of Training for Speed, Agility, and Quickness
“Developing Agility and Quickness does a great job of combining research and in-the-trenches knowledge. To help athletes be the best they can, today's coaches need to have the latest advice on training agility and quickness, which this book provides.”
Eleanor Frankel-- Editor in Chief, Training & Conditioning magazine