Print CourseCourse components can be delivered as printed products or online:
- Continuing education exam
- Identify physiological and psychological benefits of running.
- Address safety issues for runners.
- Identify four levels of runners.
- Describe six paces of running.
- Explain three types of distance-running workouts.
- Explain four of successful training.
- List the five phases of training and design a sample workout for each phase.
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and running coaches and enthusiasts.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Why Run?
Chapter 2. Safety Considerations for Runners
Chapter 3. Four Principles of Successful Training
Chapter 4. Developing the Training Plan
Chapter 5. Periodization
Chapter 6. Running Form
Chapter 7. Client Handouts
References and Resources
About the Authors
“This course gave me a more in-depth understanding of developing programs for all types of runners and great information on running form. The format of the course made it easy to understand”
N. Sandman—Cloquet, MN
“I gained the knowledge to increase gains, use proper form, and progress from novice to marathon running safely and easily without injury and overtraining. Great course! Good job!”
L. Kranick—Wolf Creek, OR
“This course will help the novice runner get started and to have realistic expectations of how long it takes to train for a marathon. It is a perfect introductory course for trainers who do not deal with runners very often.”
K. Wagner—Oak Park, IL
“The information about proper training for different types of runners will help me with my clients.”
M. Cohen—Atlanta, GA