ACSM/NPAS Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist Certification Enhanced Online Exam Prep/CE Course Without Book
Developed in conjunction with the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Physical Activity Society (NPAS), the ACSM/NPAS Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist Certification Exam Preparation online course will help you prepare for the Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) certification exam. It’s also a perfect resource for public health practitioners and other health professionals looking to better understand the role of physical activity in public health.
The course addresses the six core competencies identified by ACSM and NPAS: partnerships, data and scientific information, planning and evaluating, intervention, organizational structure, and exercise science in public health settings. You will learn to do the following:
• Examine the components of exercise physiology and science and explain how promoting health and disease prevention, performing assessments, and making recommendations are important for public health.
• Apply public health data and scientific information to community-based interventions while making intervention recommendations and highlighting disparities in public health.
• Demonstrate how frameworks and models are used in planning and evaluating physical activity interventions.
• Recommend interventions and coordinate local organizations in creating opportunities for physical activity.
• Engage and collaborate with external partners to promote physical activity and disseminate information about interventions through various media channels.
• Identify components of grant writing and organizational structures.
Rather than providing just an overview of important concepts, this course helps you develop your decision-making and problem-solving skills. Detailed case studies encourage you to think critically and apply the knowledge taught in the course to situations you will encounter in your professional life. Real-world scenarios give you the opportunity to practice skills such as developing partnerships, implementing a needs assessment, working with the media, writing grants, and communicating with project partners and the public. Application questions, unit review questions, and an exam at the end of the course will allow you to test your understanding of the course material.
The course is supplemented by the text Foundations of Physical Activity and Public Health by Harold W. Kohl III and Tinker D. Murray. This text presents all of the background information you need in order to pass the exam and also serves as a valuable professional reference after you have completed the course.
Course for those preparing for the ACSM/NPAS Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist (PAPHS) exam; continuing education resource for health promotion specialists, public health practitioners, fitness professionals, and others interested in health promotion, especially at the population level.
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Exercise Science and Public Health
Exercise Physiology and Science
Physical Activity Assessments
Caloric Balance and Weight Management
Unit 2: Physical Activity and Community Assessment
Physical Activity and Public Health
Physical Activity Recommendations
Unit 3: Planning and Evaluation
Physical Activity Promotion Efforts
Step 1: Engage the Stakeholders
Step 2: Describe the Program
Step 3: Focus the Evaluation
Step 4: Gather Data
Step 5: Develop Conclusion from the Evaluation
Step 6: Communicate Findings to Ensure Use
Unit 4: Intervention
School Based Interventions
Behavior and Social Interventions
Environmental and Policy Interventions
Unit 5: Building Partnerships
Strategies for Partners and Constituents
Messages and Media
Unit 6: Organizational Structure
This is not a course. It's just quizzes and a test, therefore I do not feel that this is a good resource to pay for. Not useful to prepare for this exam.