DVDWatch Sport Taping Basics DVD, Second Edition, and have a hall-of-fame athletic trainer conduct a taping workshop just for you. As the perfect complement to the popular text Athletic Taping and Bracing, Third Edition, the DVD provides a simple, straightforward tutorial on using tape to help prevent injuries and to rehabilitate injured athletes.
Taping expert David Perrin, PhD, ATC, teams with Anne Keil, PT, DPT, to demonstrate 32 procedures by showing the entire uninterrupted process of taping a body part. The taping procedure is then shown again to highlight the key steps of the procedure. It includes close-ups and correct positioning of the athletic trainer and athlete, making the demonstrations easy for the viewer to follow. Perrin also demonstrates how to cut, tear, and remove tape.
Expanded from the previous Sport Taping Basics DVD, the second-edition DVD demonstrates 19 recommended taping procedures for common injuries to the lower body (ankle, foot, leg, knee, hip, and thigh) and 13 procedures for the upper body (shoulder, elbow, wrist, thumb, and finger). Incorporated into those procedures for the second edition are 11 new strap taping and kinesiology taping techniques. You can select the specific taping procedure you want to review from the DVD menu, making it fast and simple to find the procedure needed.
Perrin also gives advice on the use of appropriate taping equipment for specific injuries, including when to use elastic or inelastic tape, adhesive spray, moleskin, anchor strips, friction pads, and underwrap. He discusses alternative taping techniques to use for various injuries—for example, how to tape an ankle sprain with an inversion versus an eversion—so the correct procedure can be applied.
With its concise descriptions and detailed demonstrations, Sport Taping Basics DVD, Second Edition, is a spectacular learning tool for any athletic trainer or sport physical therapist. By practicing these procedures, professionals and students will develop and refine taping techniques that will help protect athletes and clients and accelerate the rehabilitation process.
Students pursuing a career in athletic training, athletic therapy, or physical therapy; also an ideal reference for professionals in reviewing or learning taping and bracing techniques.
Table of Contents
1. Acute Ankle Sprain
2. Ankle—Closed Basketweave
3. Ankle—Open Basketweave
4. Ankle—Achilles Tendon
5. Ankle—Longitudinal Arch and X-Arch
6. Ankle—Kinesiology Taping for Gastocnemius, Achilles, and Arch Problems
7. Ankle—Strap Taping Arch Alternative
8. Foot—Great Toe Sprain
9. Foot—Bruised Heel
10. Leg—Shin Splints
11. Knee—Collateral Ligament and ACL Sprain
13. Knee—Strap Taping Patellar Medial Glide
14. Knee—Strap Taping Knee Hyperextension Block
15. Knee—Kinesiology Taping for Anterior Knee or Quadriceps Problems
17. Hip—Kinesiology Taping for Hip Problems
18. Thigh—Quad Strain
19. Thigh—Hamstring Strain
22. Shoulder—Kinesiology Taping Shoulder Laxity
25. Elbow—Kinesiology Taping for Elbow Hyperextension Laxity
26. Elbow—Epicondylitis Strapping
27. Wrist—Hyperflexion and Hyperextension
28. Wrist—Extension Wrist (Strapping) Block
30. Thumb—Kinesiology Taping Ulnar Collateral Ligament Sprains (Skier’s Thumb)
32. Finger—Collateral Ligament
“This is a thorough, yet easy to navigate and understand educational tool for both entry-level and experienced practitioners. The additions of kinesiology taping and strap taping demonstrations to this edition are welcome and needed.”
Doody’s Book Review (4-star review)