Plantar Fasciitis Management Video With CE Exam
Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
- Informational video
- Continuing education exam
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Recall at least three common signs and symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Demonstrate at least two key positional release therapy (PRT) releases for treatment of plantar fasciitis
- Provide a rationale for the implementation of PRT in a treatment regimen for plantar fasciitis
In the Positional Release Therapy Video Series, Dr. Timothy E. Speicher demonstrates how to use positional release therapy to gently treat patients of all ages who have acute and chronic somatic dysfunction, including tightness and pain.
Focusing on plantar fasciitis, this video imparts the following to students:
- A brief overview of the physiological aspects of the condition
- Explanations on how the injury develops
- Tips for using assessment to identify the injury or dysfunction
- Treatment methods for plantar fasciitis using positional release therapy
- Ancillary treatment techniques and exercises that can be performed to augment the treatment
All these treatment methods are also available in Clinical Guide to Positional Release Therapy.
A continuing education course for health care providers—including athletic trainers, physical therapists, licensed massage therapists, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists—who utilize manual therapy to alleviate musculoskeletal dysfunction.