Evidence-Based Use of Therapeutic Modalities Online CE Course
Online CourseCourse components are delivered as digital or printed products:
- 20 evidence-based practice articles from Sports Medicine Research
- Continuing education exam
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the optimal applications and clinical situations for the use of cryotherapy.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of using alternative approaches to ultrasound therapy.
- Implement alternative electrotherapy treatments outside the standard applications.
- Identify patient populations that may be responsive to laser therapy and implement these modalities appropriately.
Evidence-Based Use of Therapeutic Modalities CE Course provides a comprehensive review of evidence for the use of common therapeutic modalities such as ultrasound, laser therapy, cryotherapy, and thermal agents. The 20 research articles in the course summarize the research, offer a clinical appraisal, and indicate the clinical relevance of the study. The articles are followed by an exam containing 100 questions. Upon passing the exam, you may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credits.
Evidence-Based Use of Therapeutic Modalities CE Course supports the initiative in the athletic training profession to integrate the best new research and evidence into clinical decision making, with the goal of improving patient outcomes. Certified athletic trainers completing this course may earn continuing education units to apply toward the evidence-based practice category required to maintain their certification.
A continuing education course for certified athletic trainers seeking further education in evidence-based practice.