BookCongratulations on your commitment to coach youth baseball. If you’re new to coaching, you’ll find Coaching Youth Baseball invaluable in making your first season a success. If you have previous coaching experience, you’re sure to discover tips and strategies that will help you improve on last year.
Coaching Youth Baseball will help you manage your team with confidence. This age-specific and field-tested coaching guide will prepare you to
- handle your responsibilities and establish proper priorities as a coach;
- communicate with players, officials, other coaches, and parents;
- teach baseball skills and strategies using a combination of more than 30 drills and 40 coaching tips;
- minimize the risk of injury, establish a safe playing environment, and administer basic first aid;
- plan and conduct efficient practices;
- manage your team on game day; and
- keep it all fun.
AudienceA resource for youth baseball coaches ages 18 and younger and parents of youth baseball players.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Stepping Into Coaching
Chapter 2. Communicating as a Coach
Chapter 3. Understanding Rules and Equipment
Chapter 4. Providing for Players’ Safety
Chapter 5. Making Practices Fun and Practical
Chapter 6. Teaching and Shaping Skills
Chapter 7. Coaching Pitchers and Catchers
Chapter 8. Coaching Defense
Chapter 9. Coaching Offense
Chapter 10. Coaching on Game Day
Chapter 11. Developing Season and Practice Plans