Essentials of Youth Fitness Ebook With CE Exam
- Essentials of Youth Fitness ebook
- Continuing education exam
This is a must-have resource for professionals working with young clients. Learners will understand the scientific theories behind youth training as well as how to apply them to help design effective programs that maximize creativity, engagement, and fun.
Learning aids throughout the text enhance comprehension and enable practitioners to quickly locate important information. Chapter objectives and key terms reinforce learning, while Teaching Tip boxes contextualize important themes, and Do You Know? boxes illustrate practical application of the content.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the long-term effects of physical inactivity on disease risk.
- Introduce physical activity recommendations from infancy through adolescence.
- Describe how biological and physiological systems develop during childhood and adolescence.
- Explain the differences between skeletal, sexual, and somatic maturation.
- Critically analyze the benefits and limitations of existing talent and athletic developmental models for youth.
- Evaluate test batteries for assessing physical fitness.
- Provide an overview of dynamic warm-up procedures for children and adolescents.
- Define the classifications of motor skills.
- Design strength and power training programs for children and adolescents.
- Define classifications of speed and agility.
- Discuss the determinants of aerobic and anaerobic fitness.
- Distinguish the hierarchical order of multilevel programming.
- Describe the risks associated with excessive training in young athletes.
- Explain the benefits of aerobic, resistance, and combined exercise training for youth who are overweight or obese.
- Describe appropriate exercise training strategies for youth with clinical conditions.
- Discuss the roles of nutrition and energy balance in supporting growth, maturation, and a healthy lifestyle.
AudienceFitness professionals, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches working with young athletes and clients.
Chapter 1. Physical Activity and Children’s Health
Chapter 2. Principles of Pediatric Exercise Science
Chapter 3. Growth, Maturation, and Physical Fitness
Chapter 4. Long-Term Athletic Development
Chapter 5. Pedagogy for Youth Fitness Specialists
Part II. Youth Fitness Development
Chapter 6. Assessing Youth Fitness
Chapter 7. Dynamic Warm-Up and Flexibility
Chapter 8. Motor Skill Training
Chapter 9. Strength and Power Training
Chapter 10. Speed and Agility Training
Chapter 11. Aerobic and Anaerobic Training
Chapter 12. Integrative Program Design
Part III. Contemporary Issues
Chapter 13. Young Athletes and Sport Participation
Chapter 14. Exercise for Overweight and Obese Youth
Chapter 15. Exercise for Youth With Selected Clinical Conditions
Chapter 16. Nutrition for Youth
Great textbook! It was well laid out and very informative.
Essentials of Youth Fitness With CE Exam
help me to more know about the youth fitness
Fui muito bem atendido todas as vezes que precisei do suporte. Foi uma boa experiencia e recomendo os conteudos da Human Kinetics