Holistic Fitness Specialty Certificate Print CE Course
Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Continuing education exam
Holistic Fitness Specialty Certificate Print CE Course offers a basic understanding of the principles of holistic medicine and how these principles can be adapted and applied as holistic fitness protocols. You will learn the five essential lessons of somatic competency: strength, flexibility, balance (grounding and centering), ease, and vitality. You will also use holistic fitness protocols to support the process of recovery from eating disorders, traumatic stress, depression, and acute grief syndrome. Learning activities focus on gentle yoga for recovery, back care, scoliosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and somatic education. The course concludes with a continuing education exam for credit through participating organizations.
• Gain a basic understanding of the principles of holistic medicine and how these principles can be adapted and applied as holistic fitness protocols.
• Identify indications of eating disorders, traumatic stress, depression, and acute grief syndrome.
• Understand and explain how embodiment can be used as a psychosomatic strategy for recovery and self-discovery.
• Use somatic awareness as a tool for improving posture, alignment, and movement patterns.
• Teach a 15-pose basic yoga program for recovery and self-discovery.
• Identify the specific somatic lesion, psychological lesson, and symbolism associated with each of the 15 yoga poses in this program.
• Teach seven basic exploratory somatic techniques.
• Identify and understand the varied psychosomatic factors that can cause and contribute to back pain.
• Create and teach a gentle yoga-based fitness program for back care.
• Identify the three healing goals for scoliosis, and incorporate those goals into a holistic fitness program.
• Identify the three doshas (constitutions) and adapt and apply these general principles to fitness programs.
• Teach four basic breathing techniques.
A continuing education course for athletic trainers and therapists, physical therapists and physiotherapists, group fitness and mind–body instructors, and fitness professionals.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Evolved Embodiment
Chapter 2. Somatic Education
Chapter 3. Eating Disorders, Trauma, and Stress
Chapter 4. Yoga for Back Care
Chapter 5. Core Issues: The Trauma Reflex and Scoliosis
Chapter 6. Smart Bodies
“I will be able to assess and advise participants in my traditional fitness classes with new perspectives gained from this course. I was able to immediately refine my own practice with swift and tangible benefits, and I am inspired to develop my own course in somatic awareness and transpersonal growth based on the material.”
S. Howard—Castlegar, Canada
"I've gained the knowledge of how deeply the physical body and the mind are enmeshed and how I may be able to help others see the connection."
B. Stepp—Front Royal, Virginia
"I am a personal fitness trainer and wellness practitioner, and I use yoga and ayurveda in my practice. This teaching blends seamlessly with my practice and enhances my teaching with the somatic additions."
K. O'Meally—Woodside, California
"As a personal trainer, I can now expand my practice by using yoga positions that will be helpful to my clients. In addition, it helped me understand the mind–body connection and why people may present with certain physical issues, emotional blocks, or behaviors."
T. Palisi—Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“This material is well organized with excellent content that would allow those who are not previously grounded in mind–body fitness to grasp and apply the concepts for a variety of fitness and wellness activities. The material is very illuminating and broadened my perspectives. This course sheds light on the importance and application of holistic fitness, which is the fitness trend for the future. ”
M. Nelle Cook—Memphis, Tennessee