Developing Effective IEPs in Physical Education Online Course
HKPropel Digital-OnlyFour issues gave rise to the creation of Developing Effective IEPs in Physical Education Online Course:
- All too often, IEPs (individualized education programs) do not specifically address physical education.
- Adapted physical education often is not included in the IEP process.
- Many physical educators are not prepared to contribute to the development of an effective IEP.
- Many physical educators fail to understand the legal ramifications of IEPs.
Now, adapted physical educators, general physical educators, special education teachers, and others can use this highly practical course to create IEPs that are appropriate and effective for their students.
Developing Effective IEPs in Physical Education Online Course walks readers through a wealth of information in a concise, easy-to-understand way that facilitates effective collaboration on and implementation of individualized education programs. Accompanying video clips and practical examples enhance the learning. The course provides critical information and guidance on these topics:
- Special education laws
- Civil rights laws as they apply to students with disabilities
- IEP goals for the physical education of children whose disabilities affect their learning in the subject
- Assess children who need IEPs
- Determine student placement for physical education
- Enhance parental understanding of adapted physical education in the IEP process
- Understand the roles of administrators and physical educators in IEPs
- Ensure that the guarantees provided by the American with Disabilities Act are followed for children with disabilities in physical education
- Develop an IEP for adapted physical education, including writing a proper narrative and creating appropriate goals
Teachers can take an exam at the end of the course, leading to a certificate of completion, which can be presented to an administrator to gain professional development credit. The course represents three contact hours.
Developing Effective IEPs in Physical Education Online Course is ideal as a professional development course or as a supplemental resource for higher education adapted physical education courses or for methods, organization, or administration courses.
AudienceProfessional development resource (3 contact hours) for adapted physical educators, general physical educators, special education teachers, classroom teachers, and K-12 school district administrators. Supplemental resource for higher education PETE and APE courses.
Table of ContentsModule 1. Special Education Law
Module 2. Adapted Physical Education
Module 3. Developing IEPs for APE
Module 4. Steps to Enhance Parental Understanding of APE in the IEP Process
Module 5. The Rights of Students and Parents
Enjoyed using this text for class!
provides laws that I didn't know that protected physical education. great videos within the course to show the effectiveness of A.P.E within the classroom. I learned a lot about Physical Education laws and the necessary steps one needs to go through so that their child is able to be a part of A.P.E. The course taught me new things and also refreshed my mind to what I already knew about Physical Education.
this online course is amazing, it's short and brief and it gives a lot of information on Physical Education within the field of education for different styles of kids. I learned a lot of information and it also informed me on the laws that come with Physical Education and the requirements.
This book is a great resource, especially for new teachers! The content is detailed enough while also being presented in a way that is easy to understand and grasp the concepts. I highly recommend!
"Developing Effective IEPs in Physical Education" is a great resource for both in-service teachers as well as pre-service professionals. Should be required for all physical education majors before degree. Very useful for virtual learning. All current teachers can benefit from the detailed IEP structure this course provides.