NSCA's Guide to Program Design Online CE Course Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics
This package includes the following:
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Understand all aspects of a needs analysis and its implications to training.
- Implement assessment programs to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs.
- Understand the influence of dynamic warm-up protocols on injury risk.
- Apply the concepts of progressive overload, specificity, and variation to resistance training programs.
- Manipulate training variables and select optimal exercises to match the goals of the program and avoid training plateaus.
- Identify the differences between aerobic and anaerobic-based sports and the training needs of each.
- Identify the metabolic demands of a sport and understand how metabolic adaptations to training can affect performance.
- Understand when to implement balance, stability, speed, and agility training in overall program design.
- Understand the theories behind various principles of periodization and program design.
- Utilize different training phases to optimize performance.