Periodization of Strength Training for Sports 4th Edition Online CE Exam
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Periodization of Strength Training for Sports, Fourth Edition, is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading the book and successfully completing the 100-question exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the different energy systems, biomotor abilities, and types of strength that are required in each sport or event.
- Explain the laws and principles of strength training for sports and the foundations of physiology from which they are derived.
- Describe the importance of specificity when developing a periodized strength training plan.
- Design annual plans for various sports and athletes at all levels.
- Select periodization schemes appropriate to a given sport, athlete, and desired performance outcome.
- Organize training sessions within the weekly training plan.
- Prescribe strength training methods and exercises most suited for each phase of the annual plan.
- Manipulate strength training variables to obtain the desired training effect for each phase and session.
- Apply the principles of periodization to the development of a long-term plan for young athletes.
- Integrate power, agility, speed, and endurance training with strength training for maximum sport performance.
- Convert strength training adaptations to the specific biomotor abilities required in each sport.
- Plan a sport-specific strength maintenance program to maintain strength training adaptations during the competitive season for maximum sport performance.