Yoga Therapy Online CE Course
Course components are delivered online:
• Yoga Therapy: A Personalized Approach for Your Active Lifestyle e-book
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
In the Yoga Therapy CE Course, you will develop skills in identification, differentiation, and integration while learning how to apply the practices of breathing, visualization, sensory mastery, and mindfulness through yoga. In addition, you will study foundational yoga therapy concepts; learn about structural variety, body sensations, cultivation of awareness, and limits of practice; and further explore adaptable breathing, meditation, and relaxation techniques.
Through exploratory experiences, differentiation options, and the creative use of props, you will learn to adapt poses for individual needs and goals, thereby reducing the risk of injury and improving performance. This course offers expert guidance in how yoga therapy can help individuals live actively in every aspect of life.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe the difference between yoga and yoga therapy.
• Identify the movement systems and explain how to connect the brain to the body, challenge the nervous system, and solve movement puzzles.
• Define the phases of developing more efficient movements and skills: identification, differentiation, and integration.
• Identify key concepts related to breathing, visualization, sensory mastery, and mindfulness.
• Understand ways in which practitioners vary the use of props.
• Integrate breath awareness, relaxation, and meditation into daily life.
• Explain how to avoid injuries during yoga practice, linear and nonlinear activities, and everyday actions.
• Develop intentions for practice and understand the connections between the layers of being as you apply the principles of identification, differentiation, and integration.
• Customize spinal movement poses (forward bends, backbends, side bends, and twists) for individual practice.
• Customize core, standing, balance, and hip poses for individual practice.
• Describe how to maintain fitness and activity levels through goal setting, transition, and proprioception.
A continuing education course for certified personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and health and wellness professionals.
I'm several chapters into the book and finding it very informative in a concise and useful manner. In particular, the exploration exercises are very helpful. I'm looking forward to utilizing them with my clients.