Smarter Workouts Online CE Exam With Print Book
The Science of Exercise Made Simple
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Smarter Workouts book
- Online continuing education exam
Exercise doesn’t have to be difficult to figure out. In Smarter Workouts, fitness expert Pete McCall explains the effects of exercise on the body so you can identify what will work best for your clients. You’ll get access to workouts designed to work smarter while delivering maximum results. You and your clients can pick one target: improving mobility, strengthening the core, or amping up metabolism with sweat-inducing conditioning work. Then select from among the equipment options: bodyweight, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, stability balls, sandbags, or resistance bands. The variety of exercises and organized plans in this book will save valuable programming time for you, and precious workout time for your clients, while producing real results.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Explain the benefits of mobility training.
- Create workouts by organizing the variables of exercise program design to improve mobility, core strength, and metabolic conditioning.
- Identify different pieces of exercise equipment that can be used to design effective and efficient workouts.
- List the foundational patterns of human movement.
- Explain the difference between the contractile element and the elastic component of muscle.
- Describe how fascial structures function as integrated systems to organize and control movement.
- Demonstrate exercises that can be used to improve stability, mobility, dynamic balance, coordination, and strength.
- Identify the anatomical components of the core region of the human body.
- Describe the differences between linear and undulating periodization.
- Identify effective strategies for recovering from a challenging workout.
- Demonstrate effective strategies for exercising specific muscles.
AudienceStrength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. How Exercise Changes Your Body
Chapter 2. Movement and Intensity in Practice
Part II. Exercises and Workouts
Chapter 3. Mobility Training
Chapter 4. Core Strengthening
Chapter 5. Metabolic Conditioning
Part III. Get Fit and Stay Fit
Chapter 6. Designing Your Exercise Program
Chapter 7. Lifetime Programming
Great information, very helpful
I enjoyed reading this book and was looking forward to receiving the CEC's for my certification. The book is well written and prepared me for this exam. (I could not have successfully taken the exam without the book.) I definitely wanted to see if what I learned, that I could earn those CECs. And yes, all worth it!