Pilates 3rd Edition Online CE Exam
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Pilates, Third Edition, is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading the book and successfully completing the 100-question exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the value of Pilates for everyone, even those without athletic or dance training.
- Identify the benefits of Pilates.
- Explain the Pilates principles and how they apply to the exercises.
- Distinguish the natural curves of the spine.
- Explain the function of the pelvic floor in providing support throughout the exercises.
- Identify the muscles of the back and the internal support system (also known as the powerhouse) and the major muscles of the pelvis.
- Demonstrate the proper alignment for ideal posture.
- Explain when to maintain a neutral spinal position and when to be in forward flexion.
- Safely and effectively design workout sessions and programs, using the BASI block system.
- Demonstrate exercises on the mat, reformer, wunda chair, cadillac, barrels, ped-a-pul, and arm chair.
- Enhance exercises and make exercise more challenging, using the springs on the reformer.