This product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Partner Workouts is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
Consisting of 75 multiple-choice and true-false questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Partner Workouts
. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book, so you can tailor workouts to help clients get stronger together.Learning Objectives
After reading the book and successfully completing the 75-question exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the benefits of partner exercises and workouts.
- Define the performance-based components of fitness.
- Design a partner workout exercise program.
- Define isometric contraction.
- Describe the three planes of movement.
- Explain how to perform various bodyweight, partner-resisted, small equipment, cardio, HIIT, partner solo, and flexibility partner exercises.
- Discuss how the intensity of various partner exercises can be increased or decreased.
- Create partner workouts based on partner characteristics such as fitness level, relative size, and goals.
- Compare and contrast various workout formats: partner resisted, partner solo, partner assisted, partner equipped, and partner cardio.
Certified fitness instructors and personal trainers who lead small- or large-group classes.
Krista Popowych, BHKin, is a renowned presenter and instructor of group fitness, personal training, and fitness management. She has traveled extensively to share her passion for fitness by educating instructors and trainers at conferences and speaking engagements across the globe. She received the prestigious international IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year award and has also been recognized for her countless contributions to the continual education of fitness professionals across Canada, receiving canfitpro’s Canadian Presenter of the Year honor three times.
Popowych’s career has spanned the many transformations and innovations that have taken the fitness industry to where it is today. In addition to a degree in human kinetics (kinesiology), focusing on instructing and coaching, she holds specialty certifications as a Keiser indoor cycling master trainer and a Balanced Body integrated movement specialist, and she has multiple training certifications in disciplines such as Pilates, yoga, stability ball, TRX suspension training, kickboxing, BOSU, fitness trampoline, and Barre. She also holds leadership certifications from canfitpro as a Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS) and a Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS), and she is a certified BCRPA Trainer of Fitness Leaders (TFL). She is the global director of group education for Keiser and the cocreator of The Ride, an on-demand indoor cycling and fitness platform.
As a dynamic on-camera fitness instructor, Popowych has hosted and cohosted one of Canada’s most widely televised health and fitness shows and has hundreds of hours of featured video fitness and education content. In addition to being a freelance writer with contributions to IDEA Fitness Journal, American Fitness, Australian Fitness Network, Club Industry Fitness Business Pro, and canfitpro Magazine, she has been a fitness columnist and a source expert in magazines such as Shape and Chatelaine. Krista also gives back to the community by mentoring university kinesiology students and supporting various fundraising initiatives, sharing her time and talents. She is a board member and consultant for numerous influential fitness companies, contributing her insights and real-world advice. Krista lives in Vancouver, Canada, with her husband, son, and daughter. She loves spending time with all of her family and friends, keeping active, having fun, always learning, and living each day with a grateful heart.