Human Kinetics Library
To build on our mission to increase the knowledge, enhance the performance, and improve the health and fitness of all people around the world, Human Kinetics has teamed up with Bloomsbury Digital Resources to deliver authoritative sport and exercise science content through a premier digital resource.
Featuring more than 150 ebooks along with a selection of videos, the Human Kinetics Library is dedicated to the research, teaching, and understanding of the kinesiology and exercise science disciplines. Delivered through a user-friendly platform, the library will lead students toward a comprehensive understanding of key topics, give researchers access to deep and cutting-edge content, and empower instructors to incorporate this content into their courses in innovative ways.
The Human Kinetics Library covers a range of subjects, with new content added annually:
- Active aging
- Anatomy and biomechanics
- Exercise and sport science
- Exercise prescription, instruction, and assessment
- Fitness and health
- History, sociology, and philosophy of sport
- Motor behavior
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- Physical activity and health
- Physiology of sport and exercise
- Psychology of sport and exercise
- Recreation and leisure
- Research methods, measurement, and evaluation
- Sport management and sport business
- Sports and activities
Functioning like a database, the Human Kinetics Library allows libraries to best serve those studying or researching in the physical activity fields by offering their patrons the following:
- Access to market-leading content, including textbooks, supplementary monographs, and materials for practitioners
- A user-friendly platform featuring an engaging, easy-to-navigate interface and sophisticated indexing and searching tools, allowing for easy research and discoverability at the chapter level
- A customized taxonomy to allow the user to quickly discover the most relevant Content
- Highly visual content to create a rich and rewarding experience for instructors and students
Never before has such an exhaustive assortment of kinesiology, sport, and exercise science resources been compiled in a single collection. It is a must-have anthology for any library.
The Human Kinetics Library is available to institutions through an annual subscription or perpetual access. New and updated content is made available annually, and institutions may request a free trial. For more information, visit www.HumanKineticsLibrary.com.
Established in 1974, Human Kinetics is a leader in providing information that will help increase the knowledge, enhance the performance, and improve the health and fitness of all people around the world. That information takes many forms: textbooks and their ancillaries, consumer books, journals, online courses, video, digital products, and more.
The information touches the lives of millions of people worldwide who are interested in some form of physical activity. Those people include college students and professors, personal trainers, rehabilitation specialists, athletes, coaches, physical educators, nutritionists, parents, and sedentary people who want to become active.
Bloomsbury Digital Resources is focused on providing essential and cutting-edge scholarly content in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Whether it be primary documents, critical texts, historical archives, or the latest in video and audio resources, Bloomsbury is committed to enhancing the research experience with innovative, engaging, and dynamic digital resources of the highest quality.
The division was established in 2016 and is part of Bloomsbury Publishing, a leading independent publishing house established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer, and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford, and Sydney.