Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription Online CE Course-8th Edition
Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Eighth Edition, ebook
- Online video
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
The course text reflects current exercise testing and prescription guidelines from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as well as physical activity recommendations from the U.S. government and American Heart Association. It also takes into account ACSM guidelines for medical exams and exercise testing to consider before beginning exercise programs.
This course is structured around five physical fitness components: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular fitness (strength, endurance, and power), body composition, flexibility, and balance. It begins with an overview of physical activity, health, and chronic disease, including a discussion of preliminary health screening and risk classification. It then leads into field and laboratory assessment and testing protocols, followed by prescription guidelines for designing exercise programs to improve each fitness component.
Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription truly bridges the gap between research and practice. Its unique scope, depth of coverage, and clearly outlined approach make it an invaluable resource for certified professionals who want to increase their knowledge, skill, and competence in assessing clients' fitness and designing individualized exercise programs.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the benefits of regular physical activity related to disease prevention and healthy aging.
- Complete the major components of a health evaluation and use the information from screened clients for exercise testing and participation.
- Implement the principles of physical fitness assessment, prescription, and exercise program adherence.
- Assess cardiorespiratory fitness through the use of a graded exercise test and field test data.
- Design an aerobic exercise prescription individualized to meet each client’s goals and interests.
- Determine which test protocol to use for assessing a client’s muscular fitness.
- Modify resistance training programs to optimize the development of strength, muscle endurance, muscle power, or muscle size.
- Explain the differences between the methods of body composition analysis and indicate the guidelines and limitations for each method.
- Design a weight management program.
- Apply the factors that affect flexibility to the design of a stretching and low back care program.