Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Vegetarian Sports Nutrition text
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Vegetarian meal plans have been used successfully in all sports. Through the Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Print CE Course, you will gain the knowledge and tools to assist active vegetarians and semivegetarians of all ages and abilities in achieving optimal nutrition for peak performance and health. Help your clients determine energy, protein, vitamin, and mineral needs while monitoring carbohydrate and fat intake through smart food choices.
• Optimize the training, performance, and health of your vegetarian athletes through better food choices.
• Determine daily calorie, carbohydrate, protein, and fat needs for vegetarians and athletes.
• Determine nutrient needs surrounding exercise.
• Identify nutrients that may be lacking in vegetarian and vegan diets.
• Assess the need for dietary supplements.
• Understand the nutrients that can affect bone health, anemia, muscle cramps, and inflammation.
• Provide practical tips for balanced meal planning on a vegetarian diet.
A continuing education course for nutritionists, dietitians, and fitness and allied health professionals.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Gaining the Vegetarian Advantage
Chapter 2. Getting Adequate Calories from Plant Sources
Chapter 3. Finding the Right Carbohydrate Mix
Chapter 4. Choosing Smart Fat Over No Fat
Chapter 5. Building Muscle Without Meat
Chapter 6. Optimizing Bone Health
Chapter 7. Boosting Iron Intake and Absorption
Chapter 8. Breaking Free of Multivitamin Dependence
Chapter 9. Prioritizing Eating Before, During, and After Events
“I have some clients who are vegetarian and would like to build muscle. This course informed me of options for them. It includes a great breakdown of vitamins and minerals and their role in a person’s diet.”
V. Wick—Medina, OH
“Now I can better recommend ways for my vegetarian clients to make better food choices.”
M. Reyling—Irvine, CA
“Vegetarian Sports Nutrition is well put together with attention to detail. It is thorough and easy to follow. I especially liked all of the examples given and the charts throughout the book. Excellent course!”
K. Heck—Spokane, WA, Exercise Physiologist