Plant-Based Sports Nutrition Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Plant-Based Sports Nutrition ebook
- Continuing education exam
Learn how athletes can ensure proper amounts of all essential macronutrients, vitamins, and minerals, taking into account their personal caloric needs. Draw inspiration from athletes who share how they succeed in their sports while following a plant-based way of eating. Enjoy plenty of recipes that can be used for training, event, and everyday nutrition needs and access the tailored meal plans and training strategies. Understand nutrient timing and relative energy deficiency syndrome (RED-S), as well as how athletes can meet protein and amino acid requirements while doing light, moderate, or intense training. Get information on keto diets, tips for optimizing bone health and iron intake, and instructions for making a fluid-replacement beverage.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate among the types of vegetarian and plant-based diets.
- Summarize the positive health effects of plant-based eating.
- Explain why a vegetarian may experience greater endurance compared to a nonvegetarian.
- Describe how to consume adequate calories for optimal performance and weight management while following a vegetarian lifestyle.
- List the components that are used to calculate energy, carbohydrate, and protein needs of an athlete.
- Identify a plant-based menu that offers adequate calories, carbohydrate, and protein based on an athlete’s needs.
- List vegetarian foods that are rich sources of carbohydrate, protein, and unsaturated fats.
- Recognize supplements that could be helpful to an athlete living a vegetarian lifestyle.
- Describe the scope of practice for fitness professionals in discussing nutrition information with clients.
- Name vitamins and minerals that can be lacking in a vegetarian diet, and identify plant-based sources of these nutrients.
- Describe appropriate preevent and pretraining fuel and hydration based on an athlete’s weight.
- Explain the recommendations for carbohydrate and fluid intake during exercise lasting longer than 60 minutes.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness instructors, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and athletic trainers.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Gaining the Plant-Based Advantage
Chapter 2. Getting Adequate Calories From Plant Sources
Chapter 3. Finding the Right Carbohydrate Mix
Chapter 4. Choosing Smart Fat Over No Fat
Chapter 5. Building Muscle Without Meat
Chapter 6. Optimizing Bone Health
Chapter 7. Boosting Iron Intake and Absorption
Chapter 8. Breaking Free of Multivitamin Dependence
Chapter 9. Prioritizing Food and Fluids Before, During, and After Events
Chapter 10. Choosing Whether to Supplement
Chapter 11. Reducing Muscle Cramps and Inflammation
Chapter 12. Creating a Customized Meal Plan
Chapter 13. Adapting the Plan to Manage Weight
Chapter 14. Whipping Up Quick Plant-Based Meals and Snacks
Chapter 15. Recipes
Appendix A. Energy Costs of Physical Activity
Appendix B. Food Guidance Systems
Appendix C. Foods Containing FODMAPs
Appendix D. Glycemic Index of Common Foods
Appendix E. Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamins and Minerals
Appendix F. Metric Conversions for Common Measures
Thoroughly enjoyed the book. Test covered all the subject matter.