This product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Diet Lies and Weight Loss Truths is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
Consisting of 100 multiple-choice and true-false questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Diet Lies and Weight Loss Truths
. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book, so you can better understand nutrition principles that affect your clients and pursue continuing education in the process.Learning Objectives
After reading the book and successfully completing the 100-question multiple-choice and true-false exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate between several types of diets.
- Distinguish diets popularized by the media from those that are supported by scientific research.
- Discern which diets are effective—in the short term and the long term—as well as which ones might work best for individual lifestyle choices.
- Recognize the importance of exercise in relation to weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Explain the biological and psychological factors that affect weight loss.
- Describe the process of setting SMART goals for weight loss.
- Consider additional factors, such as sleep and stress, that can promote or hinder weight loss outcomes.
A continuing education course for personal trainers and other certified fitness professionals.
Melody Schoenfeld, CSCS, is a certified personal trainer with over 25 years of training experience in many different disciplines. She holds a master's degree in health psychology and writes and speaks both nationally and internationally on a wide variety of health and fitness subjects. She is the owner of Flawless Fitness, a personal training center in Pasadena, California. In 2019, she was recognized as NSCA’s Personal Trainer of the Year.
Schoenfeld has held state and national records in all three lifts in powerlifting (squat, bench press, and deadlift) and competes in powerlifting and strongman competitions. An aficionado of old-time strongman shows of strength, she performs feats such as tearing phone books and license plates in half and bending steel rebar, horseshoes, and nails. She is the self-published author of Pleasure Not Meating You. In her free time, you’ll find her cooking unreasonably large quantities of vegan food, fronting a few heavy metal bands, and telling horrible jokes.
Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, CNS, FACN, FISSN, is the founder and owner of the internationally recognized consulting firm High Performance Nutrition LLC. A visionary educator and motivator, she speaks nationally and internationally on topics in the field of nutrition, health, and performance. She is a sought-after expert interview as well as writer in all forms of print, online, and broadcast media. She has authored eight books, including the bestseller The New Power Eating, The Good Mood Diet, and The PowerFood Nutrition Plan.
Kleiner has been the high-performance nutrition consultant to professional athletes and teams nationally and internationally, including the Seattle Storm, Seattle Reign, Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat, Olympians, and elite and recreational athletes of all ages in countless sports.
She is a cofounder and fellow of the International Society of Sports Nutrition and a fellow of the American College of Nutrition. She is also a member of the American College of Sports Medicine and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.