Advanced Sports Nutrition 3rd Edition Online CE Exam With Ebook
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Advanced Sports Nutrition, Third Edition, ebook
- Online continuing education exam
- The implications of relative energy deficiency in sport (RED-S) and the importance of within-day energy balance to maintain crucial energy balance throughout training and competition
- Optimal ratios and quantities of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals for achieving maximum power, strength, and performance
- How to avoid gastrointestinal distress during activity
- The most popular supplements and their effects on athletic performance
- Strategies for balancing fluid and electrolytes to avoid dehydration and hyperhydration
- How to combat the effects of travel, such as jet lag, new foods, sleep disruption, and high altitude
- Weight-loss and body-composition issues to apply appropriate strategies to achieve optimal strength-to-weight ratios
- Sport-specific guidelines for power sports, endurance sports, and those that require both power and endurance
After reading the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Describe the effect of physical activity on macronutrient requirements
- Explain how to maintain optimal glycogen levels for performance in endurance and power sports
- List the effects of suboptimal vitamin and mineral intakes and the best ways to avoid deficiency
- Discuss the benefits of optimal hydration and the actions athletes can take to maintain good hydration status
- List nutritional ergogenic aids and their benefits
- Understand the nutrition adjustments that may help an athlete who is experiencing GI distress due to diet
- Summarize the timing strategies for consuming foods and fluids that will enhance performance
- List the actions an athlete can take when preparing to travel across time zones for competition
- Describe subtle differences in nutrition needs of men versus women and in younger athletes versus older athletes
- Contrast the macronutrient requirements for endurance athletes versus power athletes
- Discuss the challenges athletes face in obtaining proper nutrition when competing or training in adverse environmental conditions
- Describe the importance of within-day energy balance for optimal performance and recovery
AudienceSport nutritionists, strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Energy Nutrients
Chapter 2. Vitamins and Minerals
Chapter 3. Fluids and Electrolytes
Chapter 4. Ergogenic Aids
Part II. Nutrition for Optimal Performance
Chapter 5. Athlete GI Function and Energy Delivery
Chapter 6. Nutrient and Fluid Timing
Part III. Factors Affecting Nutrition Needs
Chapter 7. Travel
Chapter 8. High Altitude
Chapter 9. Gender and Age
Chapter 10. Body Composition and Weight
Part IV. Nutrition Strategies and Plans
Chapter 11. The Power Athlete
Chapter 12. The Endurance Athlete
Chapter 13. The Power and Endurance Athlete
Appendix A. Dietary Reference Intakes and Tolerable Upper Intake Levels
Appendix B. Food Sources of Key Nutrients
Appendix C. Practical Nutrition Guides
Great text for nutrition. The only negative is there is no study guide. Maybe this is what makes the book and online exam cheaper. Thank you!