New Power Eating With CE Exam, The
- The New Power Eating text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
In The New Power Eating, Kleiner brings together the latest scientific research on nutrition planning and explains nutrient timing guidelines. Whether it’s a heavy or light training day, in peak season or off-season, you’ll learn how your clients can achieve their physique and performance goals safely, legally, and effectively.
You’ll also find fascinating facts, based on the author’s research, that explain how the relationship with food and the gut-brain axis can affect physical and emotional health and performance. Discover gender-specific guidance and strategies that take advantage of the body’s benefits and overcome unhealthy triggers or habits to create and maintain an effective Power Eating plan.
New recipes and sample meal plans help put it all together—and you’ll even find a food group template that helps to customize menus. Plus, updated details on safe supplements guide you through the maze of marketing claims to help you understand all the supplement options in view of the scientific evidence.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the fuels used by muscle during exercise.
- Explain the roles of protein, carbohydrate, and fat in the diet of a strength trainer.
- Recognize how performance and weight loss goals can change diet strategies.
- Understand the impact of hydration on mental and physical performance.
- Describe methods for tracking hydration.
- Discuss issues regarding fueling the female athlete.
- Describe the major dietary factors that affect mood and mental performance.
- List the three most important issues to consider when selecting a supplement.
- Identify the concepts used in developing a Power Eating plan.
- Explain a variety of dietary fueling strategies for different types of training goals.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Eating for Strength, Power, and Speed
Chapter 2. Manufacturing Muscle
Chapter 3. Fueling Workouts
Chapter 4. Managing Fat
Chapter 5. Burning Fat
Chapter 6. Hydrating for Heavy-Duty Workouts
Chapter 7. Fueling the Female Athlete
Chapter 8. Tapping Into Brain Power
Part II. Supplements
Chapter 9. Vitamins and Minerals for Strength Trainers
Chapter 10. Muscle-Building Products
Chapter 11. Products for Boosting the Brain and Nervous Systems
Chapter 12. Botanicals for Performance
Part III. Plans and Menus
Chapter 13. Developing a Power Eating Plan
Chapter 14. Planning a Peak
Chapter 15. Maintaining Physique Menu Plans
Chapter 16. Building Muscle Menu Plans
Chapter 17. Cross-Training Menu Plans
Chapter 18. Fat-Loss Menu Plans
Chapter 19. Getting Cut Menu Plans
Chapter 20. Power Eating Recipes
Appendix A. Three- to Seven-Day Food Record
Appendix B. Restaurant Guide and Healthy Fast Food
I think it’s an excellent course.