Breakthrough Women's Running Ebook With CE Exam
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Breakthrough Women’s Running ebook
- Continuing education exam
You’ll hear from well-known, successful women runners such as Sara Hall and Nell Rojas on how even elite runners experience highs and lows in their training as well as how they themselves overcame obstacles to reach their goals. At the ends of chapters, you’ll find Breakthrough Goals—a section of small, tangible actions that you can use to guide clients in overcoming specific obstacles.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- List realistic running goals that can motivate and challenge women runners.
- Describe the six types of recovery.
- Define HRV.
- Discuss the importance of proper nutrition while running and identify food sources that can help women runners meet their nutritional needs.
- Explain how the menstrual cycle can affect running and ways to help relieve symptoms during various times in the cycle.
- Describe the prenatal and postnatal changes that affect running.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of cross-training.
- Demonstrate mobility and strength-training exercises and explain their benefit to running.
- Describe the goal of each phase of running training.
- Distinguish between the types of runs and recognize how to incorporate them into a training program.
- Practice mental tools such as visualization that enhance running performance.
- Define VDOT.
- Describe race strategies for a 5K, 10K, half marathon, and marathon.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Dream Big; Start Small
Chapter 2. Plan Smart
Chapter 3. Recover Right
Chapter 4. Feed Your Fire
Chapter 5. Master Your Cycle
Chapter 6. Ready, Set, Grow
Chapter 7. Train Like an Athlete
Chapter 8. Stay Healthy
Chapter 9. Exercise Your Brain
Chapter 10. Breathe Better
Chapter 11. Let’s Get Running!
Chapter 12. 5K and 10K Training Plan
Chapter 13. Half-Marathon Training Plan
Chapter 14. Marathon Training Plan
Chapter 15. Run-Walk Training Plan
Chapter 16. Reset for Success
Chapter 17. Get It Together