Big & Bold: Yoga for the Plus-Size Woman Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Big & Bold: Yoga for the Plus-Size Woman ebook
- Continuing education exam
This course includes sample sequences, including clear examples on how to assemble the poses and breathing exercises for maximum benefits. Sequences targeting specific objectives are also provided, with four energizing practices and four relaxing practices organized as 10-, 30-, and 60-minute practices. You’ll also find recommendations for comfortable clothing and learn how to get creative with yoga props to add some fun to your clients’ practice and make poses more comfortable.
Throughout the book, author Laura Burns shares her story of how she developed a love of yoga, discovering how it can be an empowering and wonderful way to move your body and celebrate what it can do at any size. With Big & Bold: Yoga for the Plus-Size Woman, you will find guidance, motivation, and inspiration to bring your clients all the physical and mental benefits yoga has to offer.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify and distinguish between styles of yoga.
- Learn the stages of creating a thriving home yoga practice.
- Discover ways to use props to help with alignment and proper posture in poses.
- Evaluate proper gear to make yoga comfortable.
- Learn proper techniques for breathing.
- Demonstrate seated, kneeling, and standing poses with variations that work best for the plus-size woman.
- Learn the benefits of reclined poses.
- Recognize the myths about home practice.
- Create energizing sequences for use at home.
- Create relaxing practices and sequences for home use.
AudiencePersonal trainers, group exercise instructors, yoga teachers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with plus-size women.
Table of ContentsPart I. Set for Success
Chapter 1. Start With Confidence!
Chapter 2. Get Your Gear
Part II. Get Moving
Chapter 3. Warming Up and Breathing Exercises
Chapter 4. Seated and Kneeling Poses
Chapter 5. Standing Poses
Chapter 6. Reclined Poses
Chapter 7. Restorative Poses
Part III. Make a Plan
Chapter 8. Creating a Home Practice Plan
Chapter 9. Energizing Practices
Chapter 10. Relaxing Practices