Essentials of Youth Fitness Online CE Exam With Print Book
Author: Human Kinetics
- Essentials of Youth Fitness book
- Online continuing education exam
The text is broken into three parts to systematically bridge the gap between science and practice. Part I lays the groundwork for understanding fundamental concepts of pediatric exercise science, including physiology, growth and maturation, long-term athletic development, and pedagogical strategies.
Part II is devoted to the assessment of youth development of fitness components, including motor skill, strength and power, speed and agility, and aerobic and anerobic fitness. This practical section demonstrates the impact of factors specific to youth on fitness, and it will teach you how to design integrative training programs to meet the needs of youth of varying abilities and different stages of development. Sample training sessions with accompanying exercise photos within each chapter offer clear visual guidelines for implementing exercises correctly.
Part III delves into modern-day topics specific to the youth population, including participation in organized sports and injury concerns; overweight and obese youth; those diagnosed with clinical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, and physical and mental disabilities; and the role of nutrition in healthy lifestyle habits.
Learning aids throughout the book enhance comprehension and enable you to quickly locate important information. Chapter objectives and key terms reinforce learning, while Teaching Tip boxes contextualize important themes, and Do You Know? boxes illustrate practical application of the content.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Explain the long-term effects of physical inactivity on disease risk.
- Introduce physical activity recommendations from infancy through adolescence.
- Describe how biological and physiological systems develop during childhood and adolescence.
- Explain the differences between skeletal, sexual, and somatic maturation.
- Critically analyze the benefits and limitations of existing talent and athletic developmental models for youth.
- Evaluate test batteries for assessing physical fitness.
- Provide an overview of dynamic warm-up procedures for children and adolescents.
- Define the classifications of motor skills.
- Design strength and power training programs for children and adolescents.
- Define classifications of speed and agility.
- Discuss the determinants of aerobic and anaerobic fitness.
- Distinguish the hierarchical order of multilevel programming.
- Describe the risks associated with excessive training in young athletes.
- Explain the benefits of aerobic, resistance, and combined exercise training for youth who are overweight or obese.
- Describe appropriate exercise training strategies for youth with clinical conditions.
- Discuss the roles of nutrition and energy balance in supporting growth, maturation, and a healthy lifestyle.
AudienceCertified fitness professionals, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches working with young athletes and clients.
Chapter 1. Physical Activity and Children’s Health
Chapter 2. Principles of Pediatric Exercise Science
Chapter 3. Growth, Maturation, and Physical Fitness
Chapter 4. Long-Term Athletic Development
Chapter 5. Pedagogy for Youth Fitness Specialists
Part II. Youth Fitness Development
Chapter 6. Assessing Youth Fitness
Chapter 7. Dynamic Warm-Up and Flexibility
Chapter 8. Motor Skill Training
Chapter 9. Strength and Power Training
Chapter 10. Speed and Agility Training
Chapter 11. Aerobic and Anaerobic Training
Chapter 12. Integrative Program Design
Part III. Contemporary Issues
Chapter 13. Young Athletes and Sport Participation
Chapter 14. Exercise for Overweight and Obese Youth
Chapter 15. Exercise for Youth With Selected Clinical Conditions
Chapter 16. Nutrition for Youth
Great textbook! It was well laid out and very informative.
Essentials of Youth Fitness With CE Exam
help me to more know about the youth fitness
Fui muito bem atendido todas as vezes que precisei do suporte. Foi uma boa experiencia e recomendo os conteudos da Human Kinetics