Your Strong, Sexy Pregnancy Ebook With CE Exam
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Your Strong, Sexy Pregnancy ebook
- Continuing education exam
Your Strong, Sexy Pregnancy provides plans for each stage of pregnancy and postpartum recovery, as well as the following:
- Over 100 exercises and yoga poses with appropriate safety guidelines
- 16 ready-to-use practices for various stages of pregnancy
- Desi’s quick tips and advice, including features like Mommy Move, Information No One Tells You, Love-Your-Baby Visualization, and Fun Foods
After reading this book and successfully completing the 50-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify changes that occur in a woman’s body during each trimester of pregnancy.
- Modify traditional yoga poses to make them safe for pregnancy.
- Identify practices and movements that are contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Understand the modifications for sun salutations during pregnancy.
- Identify the muscles of the inner unit and their basic functions.
- Define diastasis recti and identify rehabilitation exercises for this condition.
- Explain the concept of Three Plus One Total Body Fitness and demonstrate an understanding of each component.
- Identify and differentiate the three main body types.
- Understand basic principles of balanced nutrition.
- Explain the FITT principle and how it applies to pregnancy.
- Recognize the importance of meditation and visualization during pregnancy.
- Explain when and how to return to exercise after having a baby.
- Identify yoga and fitness movements that can be done with your baby.
- Recognize postnatal exercises that help to recover core strength.
- Explain safety and mechanics for lifting babies and exercising with babies.
- Explain the changes that occur in a woman’s body after the age of 40.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness and yoga instructors, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Chapter 1. Strong Is the New Skinny
- Live fit from the inside out
- Learn the secret of a strong core
- Become strong and sexy throughout your pregnancy
Chapter 2. Three Plus One Total Body Fitness
- Use various forms of movement to create your total body fitness program
- Combine yoga, resistance training, cardio, and nutrition for a healthy pregnancy
Chapter 3. Mama Knows Best
- Connect with your body and become fully present in your pregnancy
- Use meditation to bond with your baby
- Cultivate an awareness of your own and your baby’s needs
Part II. Prepare for Birth and Beyond
Chapter 4. First Trimester: Increase Endurance
- Learn how exercise can carry you through your pregnancy
- Use yoga, meditation, and cross-training to fight off fatigue
Chapter 5. Second Trimester: Build Strength
- Get strong for the rest of your pregnancy
- Find a rhythm and establish a regular exercise routine
Chapter 6. Third Trimester: Prepare to Push
- Learn about the power of the pelvic floor
- Train your pelvic floor muscles for labor, delivery, and recovery
Chapter 7. Happy Birth Day!
- Use your body and mind to be present and aware
- Create a birth plan to prepare and eliminate fear
Part III. Practices for Recovery and Results
Chapter 8. New Mama Recovery Workout
- Incorporate gentle moves and practices into your new life
- Strengthen and tone your abdomen and pelvic floor after giving birth
Chapter 9. Mommy and Me
- Exercise with your baby to strengthen your bond and both your bodies
- Learn how to hold your baby properly during exercise
Chapter 10. Belly Blaster Series
- Try deep core work to redefine your abdominal area
- Use core exercise to gain the functional strength needed to care for your baby
Chapter 11. Self-Care for Moms
- Take care for yourself so you can better care for your baby
- Create a daily routine that includes proper sleep and exercise
Chapter 12. Insights for Moms Over 40
- Be aware of the unique challenges of being a mom over 40
- Strengthen and tone your body to combat loss of muscle mass