Stretching Anatomy 3rd Edition Online CE Exam With Print Book
Author: Human Kinetics
- Stretching Anatomy, Third Edition, book
- Online continuing education exam
The visually stunning illustrations of 79 stretches cover all major joint areas of the body, from the feet to the neck. For each stretch, there are step-by-step instructions, the names of the muscles stretched, and a Stretch Notes section detailing the procedures and benefits of the exercise as well as safety considerations and variations for increasing or decreasing difficulty.
You’ll find suggested stretching programs for daily mobility and flexibility, including stretches for people who sit or stand for extended periods, as well as a program to help lower blood glucose. Sport-specific stretching routines for 23 different sports are included for use with athletes who want to improve flexibility, maximize efficiency of movement, and enhance recovery from training and competing in their chosen sport.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Differentiate the types of stretches and list the benefits of each.
- Explain techniques for avoiding and treating muscle imbalances.
- Describe range of motion and its effect on flexibility.
- Discuss the movements of the trunk and how they relate to flexibility.
- Describe the movement range of the wrist.
- Explain the five major pairs of movements at the shoulder.
- Understand the importance of balancing strength and flexibility in the muscles.
- Explain the ideal timing for when to perform different types of stretches.
- Understand how to customize sport-specific stretch programs for all fitness levels.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 2. Feet and Calves
Chapter 3. Knees and Thighs
Chapter 4. Hips
Chapter 5. Lower Trunk
Chapter 6. Arms, Wrists, and Hands
Chapter 7. Shoulders, Back, and Chest
Chapter 8. Neck
Chapter 9. Dynamic Stretches
Chapter 10. Programs for Daily Mobility and Flexibility
Chapter 11. Sport-Specific Stretching Programs