Prescriptive Stretching Online CE Exam-2nd Edition
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Prescriptive Stretching, Second Edition, is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the basic structure of muscle and identify the role of each component in relation to stretch and tension.
- Recognize the causes of shortened muscles and trigger points, and explain why they are associated with pain and dysfunction of movement.
- Identify the purpose and benefits of stretching in relation to pain relief and improved functioning.
- Explain the four main principles of stretching.
- Differentiate between the methods of active and passive PNF stretching techniques.
- Illustrate the components of good posture in sitting and standing, and explain how stretching can be beneficial for muscles active in posture.
- Interpret the symptoms of tightness within key targeted muscles.
- Demonstrate flexibility tests for specific targeted muscles.
- Demonstrate specific stretching techniques for major targeted muscles for optimal health.