Business of Personal Training Online CE Course, The
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
Course components are delivered online:
• The Business of Personal Training ebook
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Running a personal training business is not easy. From marketing and sales to budgets, staffing, and clientele issues, getting it right takes time—time you would probably rather spend improving your clients’ fitness and wellness. That is where The Business of Personal Training CE Course comes in. Whether you are a personal trainer working for a fitness facility, an independent contractor, or the owner of a personal training business, you will benefit from the practical guidelines, time-saving advice, and essential tools presented in this course.
The Business of Personal Training CE Course will show you how to structure your business, plan for expenses and financing, and find the right staff. You’ll learn how to market and promote the services you offer, drive referral business and customer loyalty, and expand and diversify your business. Appendixes in the ebook offer business resources for additional information as well as sample templates:
• Nine business plan templates
• Seven personal trainer–client forms
These templates are also found in the ebook’s companion web resource so you can download and customize the forms as needed.
The accompanying study guide helps guide you through the course content with a course syllabus, course instructions, and learning objectives. It emphasizes key concepts of the corresponding ebook to prepare you for the 100 question multiple-choice exam at the completion of the course. Upon passing the exam, you may print and submit a certificate for continuing education credit.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Understand the roles a personal trainer plays and what a personal trainer should and should not do in regard to the scope of the profession.
• Explain the need to build your own business while working under the umbrella of your employer’s company.
• Know the differences between working as an independent contractor for another company and working for yourself.
• Understand the various aspects of opening your own brick-and-mortar facility and be aware of the different hats you must wear as an owner-operator.
• Be able to analyze your target market and determine the type of facility and location that best suit your market.
• Be able to determine the structure of your business, choose the correct business entity, and set up your business systems.
• Know how to screen, interview, and hire employees.
• Understand organizational structure and be able to define staff responsibilities and lines of reporting.
• Be able to select the insurance that you will need for your business.
• Be able to determine your precise offerings and what you are going to charge for them.
• Know how to develop the forms and contracts that you will need to keep appropriate records.
• Be able to track and manage expenses and income to maximize the profitability of your business.
• Know how to perform financial analyses and write reports to maximize the profitability of your business.
• Identify key performance indicators that can quantify how well your company is doing.
• Be able to create public awareness through effective marketing and recognize sales opportunities.
• Explain how to develop relationships based on effective communication.
• Know how to delegate and outsource tasks when you do not have the time, the skill, or the desire to do a particular task.
• Be able to grow your business by improving member and client retention, creating intellectual property, and helping more people.
A continuing education course for fitness professionals and personal trainers operating their own personal training business or working for a gym or fitness facility, as well as owner-operators of facilities.