Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Video (approximately 50 minutes)
- Continuing education exam
The video (approximately 50 minutes) is followed by an exam that contains 45 questions. Upon passing the exam, you may print out and submit a certificate for continuing education credits.
After viewing this online video and successfully completing the 45-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe how to apply deep tissue massage using the elbow, forearm, or fist and know which muscles each of these options is appropriate for.
- Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the lower limbs: posterior calf, lateral calf, hamstrings, buttock, hip adductors, quadriceps, lateral thigh
- Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the upper limbs: wrist extensors.
- Describe how deep tissue massage is applied to muscles of the trunk and spine: upper fibers of trapezius, levator scapulae, erector spinae.
- Give examples of muscles to which deep tissue massage could be applied in the prone, supine, and side-lying positions.
- Provide examples of contraindications to deep tissue massage.
AudienceA continuing education course for massage therapists, physical therapists, physiotherapists, and athletic trainers.
Table of ContentsCourse Information
Deep Tissue Massage Video
Exam and Evaluation