Run Healthy Online CE Exam With Ebook
The Runner's Guide to Injury Prevention and Treatment
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Run Healthy ebook
- Online continuing education exam
Gain a better understanding of how the musculoskeletal system functions and responds to training. Develop a practical and effective training plan to address the regions where injuries most often occur: feet and toes, ankles, knees, hips, and low back. Learn how a combination of targeted strength training, mobility exercises, and running drills can improve running form, economy, and performance.
When injuries inevitably happen, you’ll know how to identify them and help your athletes recover from them. Get targeted recommendations for some of the most common issues runners face, such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints, hamstring tendinitis and tendinopathy, and IT band syndrome.
Throughout, you’ll hear from 17 runners on how the techniques in this ebook helped them overcome their injuries and got them quickly and safely back to training and racing. You’ll also find an in-depth discussion of alternative therapies such as acupuncture, cupping, CBD, cryotherapy, and cleanses to help you separate fact from fiction.
After reading the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Describe the function and interplay of various muscles groups in and around the feet, toes, ankles, knees, hips, and low back.
- Describe the causes of common running injuries such as plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, shin splints, hamstring tendinitis and tendinopathy, and iliotibial band syndrome.
- Explain how to perform and progress rehabilitative measures for common running injuries.
- Explain how to prevent injury from occurring (or recurring) by incorporating exercises that improve resilience in running.
- Provide step-by-step instructions on how to perform each of the rehabilitative and preventive exercises.
- Modify training programs for running during and after injury.
- Use the principles of periodization to create a one-year training program that is designed for a particular goal.
- Incorporate drills for improving running form for the purpose of injury prevention.
- Describe the differences between general nutrition recommendations and those for runners.
- Discuss popular alternative therapies for healing and recovery from a science-backed point of view.
AudienceCertified fitness professionals and personal trainers working with runners, as well as physical therapists and athletic trainers.
Chapter 1. Understanding the Body’s Tissues and Their Healing Processes
Chapter 2. Navigating Your Treatment Options
Chapter 3. Injuries to Muscle and Bone
Chapter 4. Soft Tissue Maintenance
Part II. Body Regions
Chapter 5. Feet and Toes
Chapter 6. Ankles
Chapter 7. Knees
Chapter 8. Hips
Chapter 9. Low Back
Part III. Common Conditions
Chapter 10. Plantar Fasciitis
Chapter 11. Achilles Tendinitis
Chapter 12. Shin Splints
Chapter 13. Hamstring Tendinitis and Tendinopathy
Chapter 14. IT Band Syndrome
Part IV. Healthy Training
Chapter 15. Principles of Smart Training
Chapter 16. Ideal Running Form
Chapter 17. Nutrition and Fueling
Chapter 18. Alternative Therapies and Myth Busting