Print CourseCourse components are delivered as printed products:
Strength Training, Second Edition, text
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
The exercises in the second edition of the Strength Training book feature color photos and use nearly every piece of equipment available, allowing you to tailor workouts to each client. Whether you’re designing a new resistance training program or fine-tuning an existing regimen, Strength Training CE Course will help you ensure proper technique, safety, and progressions for proven success in increasing muscle mass, strength, power, and muscular endurance.
- Understand the science and physiology of strength training and the factors that contribute to the development of strength.
- Know the principles of strength training and effective strength training program design.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools to evaluate strength and power and interpret the results to design effective training programs.
- Understand the principles of proper nutrition and hydration for strength training.
- Design safe and effective endurance training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of abilities and ages.
- Be familiar with a variety of strength training programs, exercises, and training plans to maximize the development of strength.
A continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, and other fitness professionals.
Table of Contents
- Course Syllabus
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- Learning Objectives
- Learning With the Strength Training Book
- Chapter 1. Muscle Anatomy 101
- Chapter 2. How Muscle Grows
- Chapter 3. Types of Muscle Training
- Chapter 4. Nutrition for Muscle Growth
- Chapter 5. Strength Assessment
- Chapter 6. Types of Strength and Power Training
- Chapter 7. Workout Schedule and Rest
- Chapter 8. Safety, Soreness, and Injury
- Chapter 9. Upper-Body Exercises
- Chapter 10. Lower-Body Exercises
- Chapter 11. Torso Exercises
- Chapter 12. Explosive Movements
- Chapter 13. Beginner Programs
- Chapter 14. Intermediate Programs
- Chapter 15. Advanced Programs
- Chapter 16. Youth Programs
- Chapter 17. Senior Programs
- Learning Activities Answer Key
- Exam and Evaluation
- Course Materials
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information