Pregnancy Fitness Online CE Exam
This product is delivered online:
• Continuing education exam
• NOTE: The text Pregnancy Fitness is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
Consisting of 71 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading the Pregnancy Fitness book. The exam will test your knowledge of the techniques presented in the book so you can apply the concepts to your clients and pursue continuing education in the process.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 71-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
• Explain the effects of pregnancy on the body and how you can use exercise to support the body in pregnancy and best prepare for labor and birth.
• List and describe the effects of the hormones that affect the body most profoundly during pregnancy.
• Describe the changes that occur in the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, as well as skeletal alignment, during pregnancy.
• Describe the importance of fitness training related to the specific needs of each trimester, birth, and the recovery period.
• List the four key components of the Core 4.
• Describe the professional skills of a pelvic floor physiotherapist.
• Describe the function of the pelvic floor, possible effects of pelvic floor dysfunction, and techniques to prevent pelvic floor dysfunction.
• Demonstrate proper technique for performing Kegel exercises.
• Describe the abdominal changes during pregnancy.
• Identify the locations of the transversus abdominis, multifidus, diaphragm, and pelvic floor and describe their functions.
• Define tensegrity.
• Describe fascia and its importance related to pregnancy, birth, and motherhood.
• Demonstrate upper and lower body stretches and release work.
• Demonstrate perineal massage.
• Explain the goal of core training during pregnancy, and demonstrate core breath and exercises for strengthening the core.
• Explain how pregnancy affects the posture of the upper body, shoulder girdle, and neck and demonstrate strength and endurance exercises for the upper body.
• Explain how pregnancy affects the lower body and demonstrate strength and endurance exercises for the lower body.
• Demonstrate functional movement exercises for labor, birth, and motherhood.
• List the risks and contraindications for exercise during pregnancy.
• Describe FITT guidelines for each trimester of pregnancy.
• Describe recommendations for postpartum recovery and retraining.
• Design a program for each trimester for a beginner exerciser, intermediate exerciser, and advanced exerciser.
• Design an exercise program to restore the core for a beginner exerciser, intermediate exerciser, and advanced exerciser.
A continuing education exam for certified professionals working with clients during and after pregnancy.