Complete Conditioning for Hockey Online CE Exam
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Complete Conditioning for Hockey is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading the book and successfully completing the 75-question exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the physical demands of the sport for all players.
- Use specific assessment techniques to assess player readiness.
- Select appropriate workouts for developing energy systems.
- Determine loading strategies for fundamental movements.
- Implement power training specific to hockey players.
- Plan speed and agility workouts.
- Describe change of direction and reactivity.
- Select appropriate recovery methods.
- Discuss technologies commonly used for monitoring athletes.
- Prepare an effective yearly program.
- Plan a quality postseason training cycle to provide adequate recovery after the season.
- Organize an effective preseason plan to prepare for the demands of hockey.
- Execute an in-season program to keep athletes playing at a high level.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with hockey players.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Physical Demands of Ice Hockey
Chapter 2. Assessing and Monitoring Hockey Fitness and Movement
Chapter 3. Optimizing Movement Capacity
Chapter 4. Energy Systems Development
Chapter 5. Systemic Strengthening
Chapter 6. Training for Functional Power
Chapter 7. Training for Acceleration and Speed
Chapter 8. Change of Direction and Reactivity
Chapter 9. Recovery and Reducing Injury Risk
Chapter 10. Technological Advances
Chapter 11. Yearly Training Plan and Program Development
Chapter 12. Postseason Training
Chapter 13. Off-Season Training
Chapter 14. Preseason Training
Chapter 15. In-Season Training