Big & Bold: Strength Training for the Plus-Size Woman With CE Exam
- Big & Bold: Strength Training for the Plus-Size Woman text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
This course offers clear and simple instructions on how to safely perform 83 exercises to make them more effective for larger bodies. Master the squat and hinge exercises for the lower body; push and pull exercises for the upper body; and loaded carry, rotation, and anti-rotation exercises for the core. Learn why some movements are more important than others and how to safely progress by manipulating the reps, sets, load, and rest periods.
Sample workouts—from beginner level through advanced—enable you to customize client workouts to meet their strength training goals. Choose from a variety of training equipment for many of the exercises or follow the dumbbell-only workouts if you have limited access to equipment.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the benefits of fitness and strength training for people of all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels.
- Understand how strength training techniques may vary based on the client’s individual goals and fitness level.
- Assess the types of exercises to incorporate when creating a full-body program.
- Demonstrate how to properly execute squat and hinge movements.
- Demonstrate how to properly execute push and pull movements.
- Describe the importance of core strength and how to properly execute core movements.
- Explain which muscles are activated during each strength training movement.
- Formulate a workout plan that incorporates goal setting and goal commitment.
- Describe progressions and regressions of primary movement patterns.
- Compose a warm-up that prepares the client for the upcoming movements.
- Describe a program that incorporates periodization.
AudiencePersonal trainers, group exercise instructors, and other fitness professionals who work with plus-size women.
Chapter 1. Find Your Why
Chapter 2. Prepare to Move
Part II. Get Moving
Chapter 3. Squat and Hinge
Chapter 4. Push and Pull
Chapter 5. Anti-Rotation, Loaded Carry, and Rotation
Part III. Make a Plan
Chapter 6. Create Your Workout
Chapter 7. Sample Workouts
Chapter 8. Take Action