All-Pro Performance Training With CE Exam
- All-Pro Performance Training text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
With a foreword by Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers running back and Landow Performance client, the text breaks down the proper execution of combine staples such as the 40-yard dash and pro-agility shuttle. It offers tips for mastering position-specific agility drills, and it provides an inside look into how athletes at the highest level of the sport both train and recover.
Proven techniques for mastering position-specific agility drills will help players hone their biomechanical movement efficiency, reduce the risk of injury, and open scouts’ eyes. And Prep Like a Pro sidebars put you right on the field with the author, revealing the most advanced training regimens and technological tools used by elite coaches and athletes.
Equip your athletes to reach their full potential. With All-Pro Performance Training, strength and conditioning coaches and personal trainers have the definitive playbook for training their athletes with purpose to perform at their peak at combine time. Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Implement an active dynamic warm-up and use the warm-up as an athlete movement screening tool.
- Assess athletes with general athleticism tests commonly used at football combines and then analyze the results to customize athlete training plans.
- Describe the fundamental locomotion skills used in sport (sprinting acceleration, top-end speed, agility, and deceleration) and employ effective drills for training these skills.
- Select and apply optimal strength and power exercises for football combine preparation.
- Design athlete training cycles to optimize performance gains within the short time window typically allotted for football combine training.
- Maximize athlete nutrition, recovery, and psychological preparation prior to a football combine.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with football players.
Part I. Warm-Up and Initial Assessments
Chapter 1. Warm-Up and Movement Prep
Chapter 2. Physiological Assessments and Athlete Background
Part II. Combine Tests and Drills
Chapter 3. General Athleticism Drills
Chapter 4. Defensive Position-Specific Drills
Chapter 5. Offensive Position-Specific Drills
Chapter 6. Data Analysis and Training Plan Development
Part III. General Movement Skills Training
Chapter 7. Acceleration
Chapter 8. Agility and Deceleration
Chapter 9. Top End Speed
Part IV. Strength and Power Development
Chapter 10. Training for Strength
Chapter 11. Training for Power
Part V. Training Structure and Programming
Chapter 12. Structuring a Training Microcycle
Chapter 13. Nutrition and Recovery
Chapter 14. Day of Event and Psychological Preparation